I know it’s cliché, but it’s an honor to even be nominated- seriously. The fact that you read my blog makes me want to do a happy dance. Now on with the show- er award- blog post.
I also want to shout out Amy from Pastel n’ Pink! I remember you nominating me waaaay back when! Thanks girl!
First up: Makaela and the Liebster Award
1. What is your favorite activity to do outside of the blogging world?
Read. I recently made the switch from regular books to e-books because I’m low on space and I can’t part with the ones I’ve already read. Hey! Follow me on Goodreads!
2. If you could go anywhere for a day, where would you go?
Oh gosh… if I can skip the plane ride I would go anywhere and just explore.
3. What is the best piece of advice you would give your younger self?
Don’t take anything for granted.
4. What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)?
Well right now I’m craving a Sonic Cherry Limeade!
5. If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would you eat?
Chicken tenders, fries and a Sprite. Yes I am a 12 year old child.
6. What is your biggest fear?
7. What was your biggest inspiration to start a blog?
Well I started (then abandoned) a blog in high school and this time I stuck with it. To go back even farther- my middle school English teacher. She always encouraged me to write.
8. How long did you wait to tell your friends and family about your blog?
Well, I told them about it after like the 3rd post, but they didn’t really take me seriously until I wouldn’t quit and when I got my first sponsored post. Hah.
9. What is the most extreme thing you’ve ever done?
I’m so boring- I can’t even think of something extreme I’ve done/want to do. I guess zip lining will have to do.
10. Do you have any pets?
Yes! My darling Oreo. He’s a 16 year old shih tzu.
11. Favorite snack that you have to have?
Now we have Brynn and the Blogging Recognition Award
How my blog began
As I alluded to earlier, I made a blog in high school and then forgot about it. About 2 years ago, I started fresh. I went through like 5 names, 6 brand colors and 3 websites till I settled here.
Although my blogging career started in HS, I’ve been writing since forever (I honestly can’t pinpoint a specific date).
Advice to new bloggers
Don’t be intimidated/get jealous- I still struggle with this (and I don’t think that green eyed monster will ever go away)… you’ll see bloggers working with your dream company, going to fabulous events, posting gorgeous photos, gaining tons of followers and getting tons of exposure. Although it feels like it’ll never happen to you, if you keep at it, keep learning, and keep hustling you’ll eventually get there.
And I nominate…every blogger reading this! Answer these 11 questions:
- Why did you name your blog _______?
- What’s your dream job?
- Who inspires you?
- What’s the last thing you ate/drank?
- What’s your favorite movie genre?
- Can you speak a foreign language?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- If you could have brunch with anyone, who would it be?
- What decade would you time travel to?
- Dogs or cats?
And then write a little on these prompts:
How/why did you begin to blog?
What advice would you give to new bloggers?
I had so much fun thinking up these answers and questions! I hope you do too. If you decide to participate, please link back to me! That’s all for now folks.
Have you received a blogging award/nomination?
P.S, check out my post about the Blue Sky challenge!